Between September 15 and November 1, college and high school students worldwide were invited to submit an original video recitation of one of the works listed below. Eligible submissions were judged by W.W. Norton in-house editors, who selected finalists for each of the works.
Follow the links below to vote on your favorite videos! Voting will be open between now and December 7th, 2012. One winner for each selection will be chosen to receive a $150 Barnes & Noble gift certificate and will have his or her name featured on the acknowledgments page of a Norton Anthology.
- "Speech to the Troops at Tilbury" by Elizabeth I (The Norton Anthology of English Literature)
- "Annabel Lee" by Edgar Allan Poe (The Norton Anthology of American Literature)
- "If—" by Rudyard Kipling (The Norton Anthology of English Literature)
- "We Wear the Mask" by Paul Laurence Dunbar (The Norton Anthology of American Literature)
- [A Bird, came down the Walk-] by Emily Dickinson (The Norton Anthology of American Literature and The Norton Anthology of World Literature)
- Sonnet 116 ("Let me not to the marriage of true minds") by William Shakespeare (The Norton Anthology of English Literature and The Norton Anthology of World Literature)
Please send questions via email (email@example.com) or tweet (@NortonAnthology).
For updates on the contest, and to find out who the winners are, follow us on Facebook and Twitter!