1,227 Quite Interesting Facts to Blow Your Socks Off
A New York Times Bestseller
From the creators of the hugely popular BBC quiz show QI and the best-selling Book of General Ignorance: 1,227 mind-bending facts.
Did you know?
• Cows moo in regional accents.
• The international dialing code for Russia is 007.
• The water in the mouth of a blue whale weighs more than its body.
• Pants are responsible for twice as many accidents as chain saws.
• Saddam Hussein's bunker was designed by the grandson of the woman who built Hitler's bunker.
• Heroin was originally sold as cough medicine.
1,227 Quite Interesting Facts to Blow Your Socks Off is a trove of the strangest, funniest, and most improbable tidbits of knowledge—all painstakingly researched and distilled to a brilliant and shocking clarity.
- September 2013
- 4.7 × 7.3 in
/ 352 pages
- Sales Territory: Worldwide including Singapore and Malaysia, but excluding Canada, the rest of the British Commonwealth and the European Union.
Endorsements & Reviews
“Entertaining…elicit[s] plenty of laughs.” — Stevie Godson, New York Journal of Books
“Informative, astonishing and often hilarious.” — Today.com
“Amusing fodder for trivia nuts.” — Library Journal
“You can’t NOT read books like this. They’re addicting.” — Maggie Galehouse, Houston Chronicle
“A treasure trove of factoids.” — National Public Radio, Weekend Edition
Also by John Lloyd
Also by John Mitchinson
Also by James Harkin