Bob Dylan Revisited
13 Graphic Interpretations of Bob Dylan's Songs
We'll be in touch soon.DONE
Rendered in striking, explosive graphic form, many of Bob Dylan’s most famous songs—illustrated as they’ve never been before.
For the last forty years Bob Dylan has never ceased to be one of the most creative and inspired musicians in the world. Mesmerized by the power of his lyrics and intrigued by the possibilities of translating his powerful, enigmatic personality into art, thirteen leading graphic artists banded together to create this unusual testament to the universality and transcendent vision of an American musical genius. With their vibrant, unexpected colors and dynamic, cinematic imagery, this group has assembled in Bob Dylan Revisited one of the most provocative interpretations of Dylan’s music in decades. These artists capture the tender emotions, the ineffable sadness, and the romantic overtones of Dylan’s classic songs, at the same time reflecting the moral and political urgency of his music. Each artist’s style surprisingly complements Dylan’s lyrics and offers an irresistible window through which to reconsider one of America’s most enigmatic artists. A deeply respectful and brilliant homage to the extraordinary influence of Bob Dylan.
- "Blowin’ In the Wind" by Thierry Murat
- "A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall" by Lorenzo Mattotti
- "I Want You" by Nicolas Nemiri
- "Girl of the North Country" by François Avril
- "Lay, Lady, Lay" by Jean-Claude Götting
- "Positively 4th Street" by Christopher
- "Tombstone Blues" by Bézian
- "Desolation Row" by Dave McKean
- "Like A Rolling Stone" by Alfred, Raphaëlle Le Rio, Maël Le Mae, and Henri Meunier
- "Hurricane" by Gradimir Smudja
- "Blind Willie McTell" by Benjamin Flao
- "Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door" by Jean-Philippe Bramanti
- "Not Dark Yet" by Zep
Nominated for two 2010 Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards: Best Anthology; Best Short Story ("Hurricane" by Gradimir Smudja).
- November 2009
- 9.5 × 12.6 in
/ 98 pages
- Sales Territory: USA and Dependencies, Philippines and Canada.
Endorsements & Reviews
“[N]early all the graphic interpretations are visually striking, some even breathtaking in their powerful imagery.” — Kristina Lindgren, Los Angeles Times
"No other book captures it so well, understands so well.... "—Greil MarcusMore
"The most absorbing, wide-ranging and stimulating body of writing about the mighty Bob that's ever been assembled."--Salman RushdieMore