Production Assistant/Digital Archivist
Norton is seeking a Production Assistant/Digital Archivist to handle day-to-day production related duties in a busy trade production department. This individual will manage the database and maintain an archive of Norton trade and NPB interiors, covers and jackets and ebooks.
Other Responsibilities Include:
• Works with digital production manager and director in managing and maintaining digital archive of all Norton trade and professional book interior, cover and jacket, and e-book files.
1. Maintains searchable database.2. Burns DVDs in triplicate with one set for digital production manager, one set to be shipped to Scranton periodically, and one set for the archivist.
• Responds to email requests for files from rights, foreign sales, editorial, emedia, publicity and others.
• Manage CIP conversion, working with Claire Reinertsen and production managers.
• Will transition over to new DAM system once implemented and act as liaison with production department in implementing new DAM.
• Will assist in managing input of legacy data into DAM.
• Assists digital production manager with photoshopping of book interior images, also conversion to conventional formats.
• Input author/edit changes to electronic manuscript files.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Employment eligibility to work with W.W. Norton & Company in the US is required.
• Must be able to work full-time business hours.
• 1-2 years of book production experience desired, though not required.
• Must be highly organized, disciplined, and self-motivated.
• Must have excellent organizational, skills.
• Must have good time management skills, be organized, and be capable of multi- tasking across departments, activities, and projects.
• Must be detail-oriented, making sure that all aspects of their daily activities are handled with accuracy and minimal mistakes.
• Must be self-directed and independent.
• Must have a demonstrated interest in the challenges and opportunities of an ever- changing publishing industry.
• Proficiency in Word, Filemaker Pro, Quark Xpress, Adobe Indesign and Photoshop.
If interested, please e-mail a cover letter and résumé to: Recruiting
W.W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.