Marketing Manager- Music
W.W. Norton & Company’s college department is seeking a Marketing Manager for music. The Marketing Manager's primary responsibility is developing and executing marketing plans to maximize the sales of books and digital content in these disciplines.
Additional job responsibilities include:
• Develop and execute marketing plans and strategies with input from the editorial and sales teams.
• Provide training, on-campus support, and strategic guidance to sales representatives.
• Attend academic conferences and biannual sales meetings, which include the planning and delivery of sales presentations; participate in planning and execution meetings at least six times a year in the New York City office.
• Create all of the sales tools needed for a successful marketing campaign.
• Develop, maintain, and manage priority adoption lists for all major frontlist books.
• Coordinate the advertising campaign across print, web, email, and social media with the college advertising group.
• Create, coordinate, and manage review campaigns.
• Organize and run focus groups.
• Analyze and develop new market opportunities, including use of instructional technology, digital content, and custom strategies.
• Engage in market research and development strategies for forthcoming books and digital content.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Employment eligibility to work with W. W. Norton & Company in the US is required.
• College textbook sales experience for a minimum of two academic years with strong sales performance across all disciplines and success in landing committee adoptions.
• Evidence of general proficiency with electronic media and instructional technology.
• Excellent writing, analytical, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Evidence of initiative-taking and ability to contribute new ideas.
• Position requires approximately 40% overnight travel for on-campus visits, academic conferences, semi-annual sales meetings, and meetings in the New York City office.
If interested, please e-mail a cover letter and résumé to: Recruiting. Please be sure to specify which discipline you are applying for in the subject line.
W.W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.