1,339 Quite Interesting Facts to Make Your Jaw Drop
From the creators of the hugely popular BBC quiz show QI, a brilliant sequel to their New York Times–best-selling 1,227 Quite Interesting Facts to Blow Your Socks Off.
1,339 Quite Interesting Facts to Make Your Jaw Drop is bursting with mindboggling morsels of trivia—informative, hilarious, sometimes arcane or utterly useless, but always entertaining.
Did you know?
• Wagner only ever wore pink silk underwear.
• There are 34,000 statues of Kim Il Sung in North Korea.
• There is a cult in Malaysia that worships a giant teapot.
• Earthworms have five hearts.
• Your eyebrows renew themselves every 64 days.
• Charles Darwin's tortoise Harriet died in 2006 at the age of 176.
Every fact in this magnificent little volume has been researched with punctilious care in order to bring you the truth in its purest form.
- September 2014
- 4.7 × 7.3 in
/ 384 pages
- Sales Territory: Worldwide, excluding Canada, the British Commonwealth and the European Union.
Endorsements & Reviews
“You can't NOT read books like this. They're addicting.” — Maggie Galehouse, Houston Chronicle
“Addictive… Teachers may wish to use this volume to entice their students to learn and to stimulate lively discussions. This affordable purchase is recommended for high school and public libraries.” — Library Journal
Also by John Lloyd
Also by John Mitchinson
Also by James Harkin